Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday"s Poem

Google Image

The Flowers
Robert Louis Stevenson

All the names I know from nurse:
Gardener's garters, Shepherd's purse,
Bachelor's buttons, Lady's smock,
And the Lady Hollyhock.
Fairy places, fairy things,
Fairy woods where the wild bee wings,
Tiny trees for tiny dames--
These must all be fairy names!
Tiny woods below whose boughs
Shady fairies weave a house;
Tiny tree-tops, rose or thyme,
Where the braver fairies climb!
Fair are grown-up people's trees,
But the fairest woods are these;
Where, if I were not so tall,
I should live for good and all.

4 comments:

~Molly~ said...

LOVE it!!! Have you checked out Fairy Day?

http://www.fairyday.com/

We have plans to do something fun, just not sure what yet.

Molly, enjoying being a guinema!

Anet said...

Enjoyed the baby video, I want one!
Fairy day... we'll have to celebrate:)

denise said...

Oh my ! I posted the same poem last week. What a coincidence! I have been so busy I haven't been blog reading...so I just noticed! :)

Anet said...

Yes, I saw that. I just thought great minds think alike! lol:)

Blog Archive